Monday, February 12, 2007

More on the Moleskine Sketchbooks

If any of you are wondering exactly what a Moleskine sketchbook looks like, here is a photo:


The "large" sketchbook is 8.25" (21cm) tall by 5.25" (13.5cm) wide, and has a black hard cover. Inside the back cover of the sketchbook is a cool little expandable pocket to stuff notes and things you collect along the way.

I also like the elastic band that keeps the book closed. It is especially useful if you are carrying it with other art supplies (or just your regular stuff) in a bag or backpack.

Today I have a "virgin" Moleskine, but tomorrow, I will begin drawing and writing in mine, as I hope you all do. Check back in the AM for the first idea a.k.a challenge.

PS: No moles lost their skins in the making of this sketchbook! The company that makes them was originally Italian and they pronounce it mole-uh-SKEE-nuh.

I have also heard a lot of good things about the quality of the Raffine' sketchbooks, as well.

No comments: